We already knew that iOS 4.3.1 is coming. It was presumed to fix Safari bug which was used to hack iPhone 4 at Pwn2Own. Now, BGR is reporting that Apple is working on iOS 4.3.1 release and will be released within 1-2 weeks. Usually, a fix for security hole comes fast but Apple is also bringing some other fix.
The probable change log of iOS 4.3.1 is
- Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
- Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM filesystem
- Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
- Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recgonizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
- Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulneratbility
The last point seems disputable as it should be regarding Safari hole. iPad 2 Jailbreak vulnerability isn’t known as it belongs to Comex which has not been released yet. How come Apple knows that some bug is being used by @comex to jailbreak iPad 2. They might have fixed a bug which can be used to jailbreak but a userland bug exists for all iOS devices. It can’t be termed for iPad 2 only. However, expected 4.3 jailbreak and iPad 2 jailbreak release will likely be pushed further.