PwnageTool 4.1 has been released for users to jailbreak iOS 4.1 and iOS 3.2.2. Why we need PwnageTool when Limera1n and Greenpois0n are already available? PwnageTool actually lets you jailbreak iPhone by preserving baseband which enables you to unlock iPhone with the available ultrasn0w unlock if it can’t unlock the latest baseband. Same is the case with iPhone 4.1 firmware. PwnageTool 4.1 prepares custom firmware which is later restored to iPhone 4 3GS.
Besides jailbreak iPhone 4 3GS on iOS 4.1, PwnageTool 4.1 lets you jailbreak iPod Touch 4G 2G on 4.1 firmware. It also jailbreak iPad on iOS 3.2.2. Before proceeding to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone, read the following official note regarding PwnageTool.
Note: Windows users have to wait for Sn0wbreeze 2.1 release.
- Your MAC should have latest iTunes. [Link]
- Download PwnageTool 4.1 and stock iOS 4.1 for the respective iPhone. Keep files in same folder.
- Run PwnageTool 4.1 and select iPhone.
- PwnageTool 4.1 will try to detect the correct firmware for your iPhone on its own or you can browser to locate it.
- PwnageTool will ask about your contract, if you are on official carrier like AT&T, choose “Yes”. Otherwise, select “No”
- Now, PwnageTool will start cooking custom iOS bundle for your iPhone. Wait until, it display “ihaz success”.
- Next, you need to follow PwnageTool instructions by clicking DFU Button on Top to restore the custom firmware in DFU mode.
How To Unlock:
Once, your iPhone is jailbroken you can unlock iPhone using Ultrasn0w 1.1-1. It will be also exciting to know for users who posess iPhone 4, iPad, or iPod TOuch 4G that PwnageTool is promised to JAILBREAK them for Life.
Jailbreak Guides and Tools: