The very first iPhone known as iPhone 2G or iPhone edge along with iPod Touch 1st Gen will no longer get official firmware updates since iOS 4.0. This is justified for the reason that processing power and ram of these iDevices is not capable to run iOS 4.0 features. So, this means that these CLASSICAL iDevices can’t get benefit of iOS 4.
Hackers community always take up such challenges and they have built a mod which brings some prominent features and look of iOS 4 to iPhone 2G and iPod Touch 1G. Actually, it is not an iOS 4 firmware rather it is custom 3.1.3 firmware which has been patched to mirror iOS 4 features on iPhone 2G.
The custom iOS 4 firmware for iPhone 2G can be downloaded from here.
You can also watch video of iPhone 2G running on custom iOS 4.0 firmware.
The iOS 4 features supported in this custom 3.1.3 firmware are
- native MMS enabled
- native USB Tethering enabled
- native Bluetooth Tethering enabled
- native Battery Percentage enabled
- 3GS’s Tap To Focus enabled (fake)
- emojii enabled everywhere
- Voice Control Vocalia
- Voice Control Home Button Double Click
- fake Compass to fast-respring
- 4.0 System Version
- 27 Wallpapers from iOS4
- semi-trasparentdock form iOS4
- icons from iOS4
- reflective dock toggle
- springboard backgorund
- sms background
- no Winterboard or BossPaper